Home    Blog    Entertainment    Links    RSS     Disclosure

Friday, April 11, 2008

American Idol Top 8 Performance



David Archuleta AngelThe American Idol Top 8 finalists sang inspirational songs last Tuesday night in preparation for the Idol Gives Back show. The finalists are thining every week and I kinda feel sad that Ramiele Malubay is not in the show anymore.

From the top 8 finalists, I enjoyed the most David Archuleta’s “Angels” version. Angel by the way is one of my Robbie Williams favorite songs. David Archuleta singing with the piano helped him aced his performance. He’s the guy to beat definitely!

Moving along, I’m just contradicting the judges’ opinion about Jason Castro’s performance. I really didn’t like it and I find it boring. He just doesn’t have any variety. He always does this mellow sound that really bothers me. “I Believe” from Fantasia is one of my favorite songs as well. Syesha’s version was disappointing. Fantasia gave her all almost her soul yet Syesha looked like singing in the bathroom, almost with no feelings.

Here are the song choices of the Top 8 American Idol finalists:

David Archuleta - "Angels" - Robbie Williams
David Cook - "Innocent" - Our Lady Peace
Jason Castro - "Over The Rainbow" - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
Michael Johns - "Dream On" - Aerosmith
Brooke White - "You've Got A Friend" - Carole King
Carly Smithson - "The Show Must Go On" - Queen
Kristy Lee Cook - "Anyway" - Martina McBride
Syesha Mercado - "I Believe" - Fantasia

Who should be eliminated based on the top 8 night’s performance? It should be between Jason Castro and Syesha Mercado. I would spare Kristy Lee Cook since she’s improving every week.

Picture courtesy of American Idol.

If you like this post, buy me a cup of coffee.

4 comments:

Denis said...

i strongly feel that david will make it to top three but i can see michael johns and david cook battling it out to the finals.

chase / chubz said...

david is so cute.. i wanna squish him

Sendo said...

i also have a hunch that david will make it to the top three and might probably grab the winning title. I also feel bad about Ramiele's elimination in the show.

Denis said...

david archuleta stood out in this episode