Home    Blog    Entertainment    Links    RSS     Disclosure

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

American Idol Top 3 Finalists



David Archuleta and David Cook:  The final two?Surprisingly, I haven’t blogged about American Idol for the last two weeks. My busy schedule might have something to do with it. Anyway, I’ll just do the recap for the last two weeks. Brooke White on the last week of April finally went home, finally. Her forgetting of lyrics and crappy performance was in fact the reason why America did not vote for her.

Here are the song choices for the Top 5 Neil Diamond performance:

David Cook - "I'm Alive" & "All I Really Need is You"
Syesha Mercado - "Hello Again" & "Thank the Lord for the Nighttime"
Brooke White - "I'm a Believer" & "I Am, I Said"
Jason Castro - "Forever in Blue Jeans" & "Summer Morn"
David Archuleta - "Sweet Caroline" & "America"

Another boo boo performer Jason Castro last week received the lowest number of votes. Just like Brooke White he also forgot the lyrics. These finalists should be prepared most of the time. I know it’s hard to be in front of many people but it’s their career that is in stake. There should be no excuses.

Here are the song choices for the Top 4 performance:

David Cook - "Hungry Like the Wolf" - Duran Duran & "Baba O'Riley" - The Who
Syesha Mercado - "Proud Mary" - Tina Turner & "A Change Is Gonna Come" - Sam Cooke
Jason Castro - "I Shot the Sheriff" - Bob Marley & "Mr. Tambourine Man" - Bob Dylan
David Archuleta - "Stand By Me" - Ben E. King & "Love Me Tender" - Elvis Presley

Top 3 finalists David Archuleta, David Cook and Syesha Mercado will later perform three songs. One song from picked by them, one song picked by the American Idol judges and one song picked by the producers. What songs do you want the top 3 finalists to perform? I want David Archuleta to sing again “Imagine”, David Cook’s “Always Be My Baby” and Syesha Mercado’s “Proud Mary.”

Who will be the final two American Idol finalists? I have a feeling that it will be a battle of the two David’s. It will be bizarre if Syesha Mercado will be in the final two. Who is my bet to be the American Idol winner? A definite David Archuleta!

If you like this post, buy me a cup of coffee.

No comments: