Home    Blog    Entertainment    Links    RSS     Disclosure

Thursday, April 17, 2008

David Cook Rocked Mariah Carey's Song



David Cook on American Idol Top 7 performanceAs I have posted on my blog yesterday, the American Idol top 7 would perform Mariah Carey songs. This of course had cause some worries to the contestants since the American Idol judges continuously advised the contestants not to perform songs from great artists like Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston or else they would just be compared badly.

The American Idol guys performed well compared to the girls. David Cook rocked Mariah Carey’s “Always Be My Baby” song. I did not expect he could turn that song into his own style. Based on all his performances, I think he is the guy to beat. David Archuleta according to the judges did well but according to my own perspective, it wasn’t that great at all. David Archuleta sang “When You Believe”, one of favorite songs. He sounded unrehearsed and there’s something wrong with it or it’s just me. Jason Castro was my least favorite. He butchered Mariah Carey’s song and I think he should go. Boo!

Mariah Carey with American Idol top 7Now with the girls. Carly Smithson performed “Without You” and proved that she has the lungs to belt out Mariah Carey tunes. Syesha Mercado performed an unfamiliar song, which according to Simon Cowell will jeopardize her stay in American Idol. She did great though and made it her own song. The bottom three favorite, Kristy Lee Cook sang “Forever”, which I think is a bit creepy. On the other hand, Brooke White unplugged the song “Hero.” Like Jason Castro, I am fed up with her style. She needs to go as well. She’s boring and lacks personality. Boo again! Hehe.

I can’t wait to go home and watch Mariah Carey’s performance of “Bye Bye” from her latest album, “E=MC2.” Jason Castro, Brooke White and Kristy Lee Cook should be on the bottom three!

Here are the song choices of the Top 7 American Idol finalists:

David Archuleta - "When You Believe" (from The Prince of Egypt) - Mariah Carey & Whitney Houston
David Cook - "Always Be My Baby" - Mariah Carey
Jason Castro - "I Don't Wanna Cry" - Mariah Carey
Brooke White - "Hero" - Mariah Carey
Carly Smithson - "Without You" - Mariah Carey
Kristy Lee Cook - "Forever" - Mariah Carey
Syesha Mercado - "Vanishing" - Mariah Carey

Pictures courtesy of American Idol

If you like this post, buy me a cup of coffee.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard David Cook's version on the radio (magic 89.9) for so many times during the day. He rocks! :)

Cathy Laine said...

i love this guy, really nice voice... hope he wins... :)

Anonymous said...

He will win! He must win! America killed Michael Johns. Don't let another second rate singer win AI....

chase licks gooch said...

winner!! i love his rendition

Denis said...

go COOK!

Denis said...

undeniable, this propelled him to fame