Home    Blog    Entertainment    Links    RSS     Disclosure

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Globe Telecoms’ Network Error



Last Friday night, I experienced problems in using my cell phone. I wasn’t able to call and send text messages. I think it started around 7 P.M. and Globe’s services resumed by Saturday morning. Can you believe I can’t even call their customer service hotline 211?

According to a friend, Globe Telecom had a selective error problem meaning to say some Globe subscribers may not able to call and text. What’s so alarming is that just yesterday around 2 P.M., I couldn’t call and text again. I asked my housemate, who is a post paid Globe subscribers, if he can call and text. According to him he can. I borrowed his cell phone and called Globe’s customer service hotline 211. According to the customer service agent, my cell phone number is included in the series of prepaid numbers that are being updated.

What’s going on with Globe? Updating their system should be made 12 midnight onwards when people aren’t using their service. Are they doing this to their post paid subscribers as well or just to the prepaid subscribers? Tsk tsk tsk to Globe Telecom.

If you like this post, buy me a cup of coffee.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also experienced that technical glitch when I was still in the Philippines last weekend. I was trying to call my sister who is going to pick me up at the airport for last minute instructions. I wasnt able to call or text anyone for a whole day. I called their International roaming hotline and was told that they were experiencing technical problems and that normal services will resume in a few hours. It did go back to normal the next day.

desperateblogger said...

oh that happened to me thrice already. one episode lasted for 8 hours.

Anonymous said...

Nakakainis talaga ang globe paminsan T_T

chase / chubz said...

im a sun user so sanay na ako sa mga ganito. hahaha

pehpot said...

I heard about this too.. poor consumers.. always on the losing end pero simpleng 100 load e walang bumabalik sa atin

Make or Break

pehpot said...

poor consumers.. lagi tayong talo.. minsan kakaltasan pa load mo.. sana man lang sa mga ganitong pagkakataon may pa sorry na 100 load

Make or Break

Denis said...

ay naku isa sa mga badtrip cause ito lalo na pag may important call ka

jason said...

dude! thats happening to me right now and i cant connect with their customer service! did they tell you when the "technical problem" will last? cause im seriously considering getting a new sim card if this continues..

France said...

I'M EXPERIENCING IT NOW!!!

IM SO PISSED OFF WITH GLOBE I CAN'T EVEN CALL OR TEXT! I DON'T HAVE ANY SIGNAL & I CAN'T EVEN CALL THEIR HOTLINE!

WHAT A

L O U S Y NETWORK!!!