Home    Blog    Entertainment    Links    RSS     Disclosure

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Lea Salonga Cinderella Broadway Musical Experience



Lea Salonga Cinderella Broadway Musical Experience Singapore EsplanadeYesterday, I have finally seen the most anticipated event of the year. Watching Lea Salonga on stage last night as Cinderella was a dream come true. I have seen Miss Saigon in Manila but it wasn't Lea. Before New Year, I bought the ticket for Cinderella and was counting the days before the musical.

Right after work yesterday, I went straight to Esplanade. When I reached Esplanade by City Hall MRT, my dilemma at that time is my hungry gut. All that I could see at that time are expensive restaurants. I went to this exit where the entrance of Marina Square is located. I saw Subway and was immediately drawn to it. I ordered for the Turkey sandwich with an iced lemon tea in it. It was around 7 P.M. when I started eating. Would you believe that I finished eating the 6-inch sandwich for 5 minutes. I was stressed out that I'm going to be late and I wouldn't be able to watch it.

I went back to Esplanade afterwards and took some pictures. After taking some pictures, I went to ask for the direction on where I should go. My ticket is on Circle 3. At the 1st floor, the VIPs are all there. They are wearing expensive clothes and they are screaming loud that they are rich. The Circle 3 crowd was a mixture. But this is all I can say, majority that watched are Filipinos. That I am very proud of. I arrived on the Circle 3 door around 7:30 P.M. The show by the way starts at 8 P.M. The usherette told that they are still closed. I think after 10 minutes they let us in.

Would you believe that I am even seated between 2 Filipino families. I was glad though that the family on my right talked to me. The other family on the left was snobbish and they are giving this impression that they are rich and I shouldn't talk to them. Most of the time, they were speaking in English as if they are Americans. The family on my right was an IT woman with her young daughter. I forgot their names though.

The show started around 8:05 with Lea Salonga on the beginning of the scene scrubbing the floor of their kitchen.

The review of Lea Salonga Cinderella Broadway Musical is on my other personal blog.

Written in association with West End theatre breaks.

If you like this post, buy me a cup of coffee.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow naman...nice experience!

Sherry Go Sharing said...

Happy New Year, contest has started http://iluvcontest.blogspot.com/2008/12/win-68000ec-at-iluvcontest-first.html

uglykidjoey said...

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

READ THESE EXCERPTS FROM YOUR BLOG ABOVE:

"All that I could see at that time are expensive restaurants"

At the 1st floor, the VIPs are all there. They are wearing expensive clothes and they are screaming loud that they are rich.

The other family on the left was snobbish and they are giving this impression that they are rich and I shouldn't talk to them. Most of the time, they were speaking in English as if they are Americans.

+++IF YOU MUST REALIZE, YOU SEEM TO SHRINK IN YOUR SMALLNESS...YOU SEEM TO BE SO INADEQUATE, DEPRIVED AND UNDESERVING. JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE IN CIRCLE 1 DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE FILTHY RICH, IT'S JUST A PREFERENCE, NOT ALL RICH PEOPLE WEAR EXPENSIVE CLOTHES, AND JUST BEC SOMEONE SPEAKS ENGLISH LIKE AMERICANS AND DOES NOT READILY STRIKE A CONVERSATION MEAN THEY ARE SNUB...RETHINK YOUR LINES AND LOGIC...FULL OF NON SEQUITUR...AND THIS IS THE ROOT OF DISHARMONY AND ALIENATION, STEMMING FROM YOUR OWN INSECURITTIES. ACCEPT YOURSELF AS YOU ARE AND YOU YOU WILL SEE OTHERS IN A KINDER LIGHT. LET THE LIGHT IN YOU SHINE THROUGH....

Anonymous said...

I am agree with Anonymous (Sunday, January 18, 2009 1:02:00 AM PHT), I am not rich but I love wearing Louis Vuitton belts, bags and have many pairs of Gucci leather shoes. I don't speak tagalog much because I am an Ilocano. When I am with tagalog speaking people, I talk tagalog mixed with more English with them.. so what can you say about me then...?

Makoy said...

hi Anonymous! Thanks for the comments. First and foremost, this is my blog. I have the right to say what I feel and see. I did not discriminate the rich while I watched Cinderella. It's like reporting an event to my audience. If you like wearing branded clothes then good for you.

I just don't believe in buying expensive things. I believe in saving and buying just the important things.

No offense meant but this is my Cinderella experience and not somebody else.

Makoy said...

And please refrain from naming yourself "Anonymous." People will appreciate if you will disclose who you are. thanks!

uglykidjoey said...

Now, calm down everyone.