Home    Blog    Entertainment    Links    RSS     Disclosure

Monday, May 12, 2008

I Have Resigned!



Last May 2, fresh from the NAIA Centennial Airport, I went straight to the office to go to work. I promised my boss to return that’s why even I was feeling off and my mind was still on a vacation frenzy, I still went to work. I first dropped by SM MegaMall to buy my lunch then just ate at my desk.

While I was on my way to the airport, I edited the resignation letter I asked from my friend. Right after I finished my lunch, I started typing my resignation letter and just made some minor revisions since I find my resignation letter very straightforward. Before I passed my resignation letter to my boss, I asked the opinion of my online friends if it’s okay already and if there are revisions that I should do. Most of them gave their approval.

My heart was literally pounding and I was feeling guilty for leaving my boss and the company. When I gave my resignation letter to my boss, I was smiling to ease my tension. I went back to my seat then waited patiently to her deliberation. I still can recall that she remarked that I should have returned next week since I am passing my resignation letter. I am still amazed that my boss supported my decision to leave. I was even teary eyed when I asked my boss if she was mad at me. I really love my boss and my colleagues. It’s just that I need to grow. I think my five years in the company is already enough. I am by the way leaving the country this June 6 to work in Singapore. I hope that you could include me in your prayers. Wish me luck guys! If you are in Singapore, message me back. Thanks!

If you like this post, buy me a cup of coffee.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

at first i thought it was a sad story that you are going to resign but after reading it well ^_^ nice!!! sige

Have a merry new work life at Singapore

Good Luck!!!

Anonymous said...

I pray that you will have a great work in singapore. In Jesus name i Pray

Anonymous said...

Good luck on all your future endeavors.ü

Anonymous said...

Good luck to your new endeavor, I heard Singapore's internet access is very slow, I hope this will not hinder you on updating yoru blog. :)

mon said...

Congratulation and wishing you the best of luck!

mon said...

Congratulation and wishing you the best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Goodluck to you! For sure God will direct you. I remembered when i resigned from work - both me and my boss of 9 years cried. But like your reason, I feel in my heart i also needed to grow- well, not on my careerpath, but on my being a mom. So i stayed with my kids for 1 1/2 years, tough and with lots of challenges. But i manage to hang on thru God.
Nothing would be easy, and many times you could have some doubts in your decisions. But just follow your heart - God will put everything in their right places. :D

frjessie said...

Good Luck!!!
I will include you in my prayers.

Denis said...

goodluck sir!

now, singapore shall prepare

kasi im sure ull blog about it too

EVERYTHING about it. hahah

God bless!

Anonymous said...

Goodluck on your Singapore job, i know you can do it just pray for his guidance ;)

Cebu Blogger said...

Good luck sa work mo doon Makoy! kung makabalik ka sa Pinas don't forget to bring pasalubong! ahehehe

btw, i will pray for your good life there! ingats always amigo!

VeRTiTO said...

its about time man, congratulations on your new life adventures! i worked in singapore before, that was very long time ago, been there for 5-6 times for the last 8 years.

internet there is cheap and fast, as long as you stick with the right ISP, they can even give you PC and phone in exchange of subscribing to them! hope you enjoy singapore too and i hope i can see you there this year end, hoping i can visit singapore again!

try to visit lucky plaza there over orchard road, you'll meet lots of filipinos, maybe you can start new friendships there too!

cheers!

Anonymous said...

may you find what it is you are looking for in singapore.

please do return soon. your country needs you.

Coriander Dreams said...

All the best to you! :) Am sure that you won't regret your decision. It's a big risk but then again, Manila will always be there for us who decide to leave our homeland temporarily... We can always always come home anytime anyway... Enjoy your Singapore journey!

Shaula said...

I so experienced the same thing. Pero medyo iba naman.

My heart is pounding hard talaga and super kinakabahan. feeling ko uurong dila ko. I boss just recently got furious when someone submitted his resignation. SO i prepared myself to be humiliated. To my surprise, he supported my decision and nagpapizza pa nung last day ko. hehe..

Anywho, makoy goodluck to your new journey! wow singapore! Almost lahat ata ng IT na kilala ko ngppunta na sa singapore. Ingat ka dun!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Singapore bro, medyo dumadami na tayong pinoy blogger here.

Anonymous said...

i thought this would be a sad post coz of the post title..

Good luck! Whatever happens new experiences will enrich you :)

pehpot said...

is this the same boss na nagbibigay ng guilt trip?

Make or Break

pehpot said...

I am kinda excited about this part.. after reading your other blog I was wondering kung kailan ung time na umalis ka

Make or Break

Denis said...

such a huge career move. i wonder if i can take same step