Home    Blog    Entertainment    Links    RSS     Disclosure

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

One Day Of No Talking



One Day Of No TalkingSunday morning, I finally went to the Doctor to have my throat and cough problem checked. The Doctor told me to rest until Monday and not to talk. According to his findings, my throat was swollen and I need rest. I was supposed to go to work on Monday but I have decided to just follow the Doctor's advise to rest. After I took my medicine and had my little breakfast, I went back to bed and sleep. Before I went to bed also, I informed my supervisor and the agency that I won't be going to the office.

I woke up that day around 11:30 in the morning and cooked my lunch. After blogging and watching some TV series, I went back to sleep. Yesterday was a silent day for me. I was only able to speak when my housemates arrived that night. My voice was cracking and it felt good that my throat was back in its good shape. The only problem that I am experiencing now is the drowsy effect of my medicines.

At work today, my supervisor asked me why I was on leave yesterday. I think my supervisor was a bit worried that I, including my two Filipino officemates were on sick leave yesterday as well. A pure coincidence I guess. When I left the office today, my supervisor even jokingly told me not to go on sick leave tomorrow with a smirk look.

If you like this post, buy me a cup of coffee.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to know that your feeling better. hope that day will come when you no longer need to drink your meds to avoid being drowsy.

nice blog! hope you can visit my blog, too and perhaps.. exchange links!

Makoy said...

thanks maxi. sure let's exchange links :)

Metz said...

Hi Mark,

aww am glad that you are starting to feel better :) Do try to rest as much as you can oki :) and be a good boy :)

Makoy said...

thanks empty streets!

Richard Mamuyac said...

it must be the weather... here in manila, two things i can't predict is--- what's tomorrow's weather and the mood of my wife :-)

Anonymous said...

It's so frustrating when you wanna talk and talk and cant do it.. I think that is a big problem if i will not talk for a day! I'm a talker.

Good to know your medicines were useful yet they have side effects? That's the bad side of it.

244th BigMak Contest point for WebbieLady

Sherry Go Sharing said...

yeah I have tried one day no talking but there is other way to do it. We can do blogging!

Sherry Go Sharing said...

I had a bad sort throat and ended up losing my voice! Too much of shout and scream...