Home    Blog    Entertainment    Links    RSS     Disclosure

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Free Insurance



I received a call in the office from a certain Liezel of Philam Plans actually informing me that I was referred to them to be given a free accident insurance plan. The first question that I blurted was how come it is free? And followed by more questions such as would I be paying anything? How can your company survive if you are giving free insurance? And so on.

She continued with her marketing talk and told me the details on how I could I avail it. All I need to do is to go to their office in Makati, and to just present three required ID’s: government ID, company ID and credit card. What’s the need of my credit card if I would just prove my identity to them? Would there be card swiping or card information theft?

Anyway, after giving all the details and the reference number, I asked her contact details and if the free accident insurance she is offering is readily available in their website. She hesitantly said No. It made me more paranoid to her offer. After talking to her, I checked Philam Plans website and searched if there is such thing as free accident insurance. I did not see any, so I just printed the contact numbers of Philam Plans, so I could verify it to them tomorrow.

5 comments:

josel_arbolado said...

I have received the same offer, and I am really hesitant to accept it. I actually received a call, just a few minutes ago, and the person reminded me that I need to show a credit card. I asked why, if I have 3 valid IDs, and the person said that it's their policy.

With that, am really wondering if this is true or not, especially that I can't find this promo in any website.

josel_arbolado said...

Have just verified the Free Accident and Death Insurance of Philam Plans, and it was confirmed as TRUE. But, before they give you the free insurance plan, they will discuss about another Philam Plans product, which they are selling. However, the free insurance will still be given even if the person will not buy the other product.

It's their marketing strategy for potential clients to go to their office, and for them to have a chance to discuss about their new product, for probably about an hour.

Now, my idea is that, if you decide to get the other product, that is where the credit card will be used.

Anyway, I have decided not to accept the offer anymore. :-)

Peachy's Corner said...

omg! just awhile ago I also received a call from Philam Plans and I was also wondering why it's free and thanks God I've read your post and also josel's comments atleast now I know why...

P.S.
to Makoy nice blog, very informative keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Hay nako... buti nalang nabasa koto noh! O dih ba? Kaze naman, this thing also happened to me two dayz ago. Naglalakad ako dun sa Edsa when suddenly, out of nowhere, a woman approached me. Sabi nya, bumunot daw ako sa mangkok nya nang nakafold na papel. Promo daw nila sa PPlans. Nabunot ko naman, abahhh! Tumatagingting na P45,000 Free Accident Insurance. So I got the same questions about accounts ect., but I pretended to have none. For safety reasons, I even changed my Surname. Akala nga me, nakakawan ako eh. buti nalang nasa Bangko ang ROLEX ko. Eh pano na pala after one year, compulsary na bang babayaran yung Free Insurance na yon?! Eh, 2 months na akong walang trabaho! At ayokong Isangla ang ROLEX ko...the only thing that's left...huhuhuuuuu.

Anonymous said...

may tumawag din sa amin, kala ko kung ano. andami pla tinawagan...