Home    Blog    Entertainment    Links    RSS     Disclosure

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Singapore Is Getting Greener



I have read yesterday's edition of Straits Times that Singapore is getting greener. They even showed a graphical representation of Singapore comparing it from 1986 to the present (see Singapore map below). According to the report of Straits Time, "The area of the island covered by greenery has gone up from 36 per cent in 1986 to 47 per cent last year, despite the country's population shooting up from 2.7 million to 4.6 million during this period."

I am really impressed with Singapore. How successful this country is in terms of economy, infrastructure and even in the environment sector. I just hope other countries would follow especially my homeland, the Philippines.

No wonder it is cleaner here. And have I mentioned that there is no pollution here at all.

Singapore vegetation 1986 Singapore vegetation 2007

If you like this post, buy me a cup of coffee.

2 comments:

pehpot said...

oh I hope our country would follow.. sigh.

Make or Break

Denis said...

at least some parts of the world stay divine